Enuresis Treatment FAQ
How do the DRI Eclipse® and DRI Excel® treat bed-wetting?
- The DRI Eclipse® wireless alarm unit is placed on a table, or the
DRI Excel® alarm unit goes on the shoulder.
- The Urosensor™ is in the underwear and when wet with urine, triggers the alarm to wake the bed-wetter.
- Over the next few days or weeks, the child begins to learn to wake more and more quickly, until he or
she is beating the alarm and waking before wetting starts.
- The child then consistently wakes every time he or she needs to go to the bathroom.
- The final stage: the child will sleep through the night but without wetting the bed or needing to wake
up to go to the bathroom.
This is the mature pattern, your child is capable of waking if she or he needs to go to the bathroom and even more interesting, it now appears that the
overproduction of urine has stopped.
It may take a week or a month or even two, but as Professor Hjalmas of Sweden, a leading expert says, “It is the only method proven to have
cured the problem.”
Frequently asked Questions:
• Click here for Tips and Strategies and FAQs about treating bed-wetting.
• Click here for More Information about the DRI Eclipse® & DRI
• Click here for A summary of the research on bed-wetting and its causes and treatment.
To return to the Enuresis Alarms page